The indigo child is here to bring us closer to our true essence. We think our minds are separate because of our bodies. These children know differently. A true indigo travels comfortably between worlds usually at night when we think they're asleep.
Our thoughts and feelings are not our own. The truth is, we have forgotten who we are and how our minds are connected to each other. Indigo's remember and have an inner knowing that far exceeds our psychic abilities.
Having said this. Not all children born since about 1980 are indigos. Many brought major challenges from previous lifetimes they're still working through. But, once the lessons are learned and the patterns forgiven, they will join the ranks of the cosmic caring indigo.
"The intricate inner workings of our DNA are changing...Brain-wave relationships are spontaneously moving into higher vibrational patterning as the electromagnetic fields within our DNA. Because of this, our brains are working together as cohesive units of consciousness. That means humanity is becoming more aware and moving toward becoming sentient beings – aware of everything all at once all of the time.” Conversations with the Children of Now, Meg Blackburn Losey
So what happened to cause us to lose touch with our inner knowing?
Put simply, we began to "think" instead of "feel," thousands of years ago. Our ability to tap into the collective consciousness is still within us. We’ve just forgotten how to use it. The ego became our ruler holding us back by relying on memories to make our decisions. With past as our guide, we gave our power to the ego, which made us fearful. The intellect caused us to lose our connection to the collective consciousness, making us feel alone.
Some adults have been able to gain at least a part of this former knowing. They in turn are giving birth to children who remember how the collective consciousness works and they are using it. The indigo offspring is there descendant.
"The conclusion of our book was that today’s children are different – more challenging, more intelligent, more confrontational, more intuitive, more spiritual, and in some cases even more violent – from any generation we have yet seen. This calls for a new and different way of parenting and schooling – outside of the old ways." The Care and Feeding of Your Indigo Children, Doreen Virtue
Where did the term “Indigo Child” come from?
Nancy Ann Tappe, a teacher and counselor, studied the human auric field, otherwise known as their electromagnetic field. The field surrounds every living thing. She even wrote a book about it called "Understanding Your Life Through Color."
Through colors in the aura, she instituted a shockingly accurate and revealing way to psychologically profile a person using her new auric color method. The signs of an indigo child actually began even as early as in the 1950s with a few people. What she noticed was that 80 percent of the children born after 1980 had a new deep blue colored auric field. She called this new color "indigo".
What are the behavioral patterns of Indigos?
- They are born feeling and knowing they are special and should be revered.
- An indigo knows they belong here as they are and expect you to realize it as well.
- These children are more confident and have a higher sense of self-worth.
- Absolute authority, the kind with no choices, negotiation, or input from them does not sit well. The educational system is a good example.
- Some of the rules we so carefully followed as children seem silly to them and they fight them.
- Rigid ritualistic systems are considered archaic to an indigo child. They feel everything should be given creative thought.
- They are insightful and often have a better idea of method then what has been in place for years. This makes them seem like "system busters."
- Adults often view an indigo as anti-social unless they are with other indigos. Often they feel lost and misunderstood, which causes them to go within.
- The old control methods like, "Wait till your father gets home," have no affect on these children.
- The fulfillment of their personal needs is important to them, and they will let you know.
Are you or your children an indigo?
These are the characteristics of an indigo as stated in The Care and Feeding of Your Indigo Child:
- Strong willed
- Born in 1978 or later
- Creative, with an artistic flair for music, jewelry making, poetry, etc.
- Prone to addictions
- An "old soul" as if they’re 13 going on 43
- Intuitive or psychic, possibly with a history of seeing angels or deceased people
- An isolationist, either through aggressive acting-out, or through fragile introversion
- Independent and proud, even if they’re constantly asking you for money
- Possess a deep desire to help the world in a big way
- Wavers between low self-esteem and grandiosity
- Bores easily
- Has probably been diagnosed as having ADD or ADHD
- Prone to insomnia, restless sleep, nightmares, or difficulty/fear of falling asleep
- Has a history of depression, or even suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Looks for real, deep, and lasting friendships
- Easily bonds with plants or animals.
If you possess 14 or more of these traits you are an indigo. If 11 to 13, you’re probably an indigo in training. If you’re an adult with these traits you could be a "lightworker."
The effects of Ritalin and other drugs on an indigos diagnosed with ADD or ADHD
"Indigo Children who take Ritlin or other psychotropic drugs soon lose touch with their intuition, psychic abilities, and warrior personality. These children were sent to Earth with these three spiritual gifts for the express purpose of cleaning up our planet, environmentally and socially." Care and Feeding of Your Indigo Child, Doreen Virtue
Suppressive drugs such as Ritlin cause an indigo child to forget their lives purpose, which only delays what HAS to change on our earth for us to continue living on it.
One of the reasons an indigo, Crystal or Rainbow Children has trouble sleeping is because wayward spirits are attracted to them. These spirits know these children can see and sense them. This makes them more irritable and restless in school. The schools and doctors decide from this they are ADHD or ADD.
So what would an ideal Indigo's world look like?
Indigos have a job to do on this planet, and they WILL do it. It’s their job to help eliminate the values of the world age that just passed in 2012, and replace them with the values of the new world age. They take their job very seriously, even if they are not aware of it. They are preparing the world for the new values of "love, brotherhood, unity and integrity."Indigo Proficies talk about how these special children are the forerunners to dramatically changing the word for the next Great Cycle change in the area of 2012. Forgiveness towards others is a key element to help heal the earth. An indigo’s world would be:
- Free from all harsh chemicals.
- Food would be organically grown, locally grown, fresh with minimal processing and refining.
- Education would be for all and children would have a much greater say in their educational future and curriculum.
- Family would mean whom you are with at that time, and be inclusive to a greater circle of people.
- Our political system would be truly for the greater good of all, much more democratic, even socialist.
- All countries and all people would work together to better the lives on the entire planet.
- Nature and her needs would come first including clean air and soil.
- Children would be treated with respect and consulted on any decisions that would affect them.
- All people would be equal no matter what their race, color, sex, or creed.